ISO 9705 Room Corner Burning Test for Building Material
Room Corner Test (RCT), as ISO’ s the evaluation of fire-resistance performance of building materials, measures heat release rate (H.R.R), smoke generation rage, oxygen consumption, CO, CO2 production and so on.
As basis of ISO 9705(Fire tests – Full scale room test for surface products), RCT is the test that reproduces local fire conditions by flame combustion in the small room of building structure and measures fire movement and combustion diffusion in the building structure.
ISO 9705 states a test method to progress fire generation from the corner of room and the purpose of this test method is to assess what the surface product supplies to the fire growth using standard ignition source.
The standard ignition source is stated but another option is also possible.
But we must be careful of what the form, position and heat output influence to the fire growth.
This method is suitable to the product - materials like thermoplastic resin, insulated circuit, joints and laboratory having irregular surface - which is impossible to experiment in the small laboratory.
The object of this method does not assess fire resistance of product. So Room Corner Tester (RCT) on ISO 9705 assesses the Heat Release Rate about initial step of fire from ignition to maximum flash-over. The maximum Heat Release Rate can be measured up to 3MW.
• ISO9705: Fire test-Full scale room test for surface products
• ISO 13784-1: Reaction to fire tests for sandwich panel building systems
• ASTM E 1537: Standard Test Method for Fire Testing of Upholstered Furniture
• ASTM E 603: Standard Guide for Room Fire Experiments
• EN 14390: Fire Test - Full Scale Room Test for Surface Products
• NFPA 265: Standard Methods of Fire Tests for Evaluating Room Fire Growth Contribution of Textile Coverings on Full Height Panels and Walls
• NFPA 286: Standard Methods of Fire Tests for Evaluating Contribution of Wall and Ceiling Interior Finish to Room Fire Growth
1. Hood Skirt: Hood for collection of flue gases and prevention of flue gases of overflow.
2. Strainer for securing stable flow.
3. Suction pump for drawing gases generated in duct to the Control Lab
ᆞHeat Release Rate
ᆞSmoke Product Rate
ᆞConsumption and yield measurement of O₂, CO and CO₂
ᆞAnalysis of other toxic gases (Others Toxic Gas By FT-IR)
ᆞMeasurement of change in temperature of entrance
|Size||Test Room (mm) :3,600 (w) × 2,400 (d) × 2,400 (h) |
|Hood (mm) : 3000 (w) × 3000 (d) × 2950 (h) |
|Sandbox Burner (mm) : 170 (w) × 170 (d) × 145 (h)|
|Power||220V AC, 60Hz, 10A|
|Utilities||Propane Gas Valve System,Ignition System|