ISO 9239 Flooring Radiant Panel Test Apparatus
Critical Radiant Flux is the main parameters of the fire risk for flooring materials, it reflects the burning and spreading ability of flooring material specimen under external heat radiation conditions. It is an important index of combustion classification for building products.
According to ISO9239-1,2 and GB/T 11785-2005 requirements, Flooring Radiant Panel Test Apparatus is measuring the critical radiant of combustion floor coverings, through the radiation environment of the test chamber. It is can also be used to measure the critical radiation of the cellulose insulation floor material.
The specimen is located at the down horizon of 30 degrees sloped gas radiation panel per horizon surface. Pilot flame as ignition resource put a part edge of the specimen on the high-temperature side. Flooring Radiant Panel Test Apparatus record ignition time by spark, moving time which flames horizontal pass by a specimen of length.
• ISO 9239-1
- Flooring fire reaction test - Part 1: Combustion performance of flooring materials tested by radiant heat；
• ISO 9239-2
- Flooring fire reaction test - Part 2: Testing flame spread status under the heat flux is 25kW/m2；
• ASTM E 648
- Critical Radiant Flux of Floor standard test - covering system uses radiant heat energy；
• ASTM E 970
- Using a Radiant Heat Energy Source, test insulation floor insulation standard test for Critical Radiant Flux Using a Radiant Heat Energy
• NFPA 253
- Standard Test Method for using radiant heat energy, test plates overlay system Critical Radiant Flux；
• GB/T 11785-2005
1. All structural components are made of stainless steel, beautiful appearance and corrosion resistance.
2. The test chamber is made of the panel (calcium + silicate ) as 13±1 mm of thickness and 650 kg/m3 of nominal density.
3. Air pass dimension between the test chamber and test specimen holder is produced by (0.23±0.03) m3 at both beside of specimen fairly.
4. The calorimeter is imported from the United States, range 50kW/m2.
5. The radiant chamber had a stop of 30±1degree per horizon panel and can be resisted up to 900-degree centigrade. It also should be included in the safety-blocking function.
6. The radiation source is a porous ceramic heat radiating plate of 300mm*450mm and tilted 30 °.
7. The pilot burner should be stationed equally as 0.7mm diameter and 19/EA produced a slop of 60 degrees per centerline bottom.
8. Air velocity of exhaust stack should be attached an exhauster as 2.5±0.2 m/s.
9. It should be used a radiation pyrometer which can be monitor 250mm diameter from about 1.4 meters and has ±5 degree centigrade sod ml accessory with 480℃ to 530℃ (black body temperature) range for adjustment the surface quality of heat of radiant panel.
10. It can be measured hat flow within tolerance from radiant heat panel to 110mm to 910mm at 100mm intervals.
11. It can be adjusting the flame length of 60mm to 120mm on Pilot burner flame.
12. It can be adjust the limited temperature (900℃) of backside panel according to air flow condition of the radiation heat panel.
13. Inlet flows control valve, precise control of propane flow.
• Measure critical heat flux (CHF) which observed flame spread length transformers Kw/m2 using by heat streamline velocity.
• If specimen takes more than 30 minute testing time, it could record a flame extinction time and the farthest of flame spread, then transforms it’s into CHF.
• Need to smoke measurement section. it can be measured smoke density by the transmittance of the photometric system.
1. Steel frame chamber, Dimension:1,400mm(W)×500mm(D)×2,200mm(H)
2. Console Size: 600mm(W)×750mm(D)×1600mm(H)
3. Power:AC 220V, 50/60Hz, 20A
4. Weight: about 300kg
5. Instructions: Provide
7. Calcium silicate insulation board
8. Observation window
9. Sliding platform for loading the specimen
10. Auto moving ignition burner
11. Scale for check flame spread
12. K-type thermocouples: Range, Ambient about 1500 degree centigrade
13. Stainless steel sample holder
14. Dummy calibration panel holder for measuring heat fluxmeter
15. Pyrometer for measuring radiant panel temperature
16. Utilities: Bottled propane gas, Air compressor (5HP)