BS 476-7 Surface Spread of Flame Tester for Building Materials and Rail
BS 476 Part 7 specifies a method of test for measuring the lateral spread of flame along the surface of the specimen of a product orientated in the vertical position under opposed flow conditions, and a classification system based on the rate and extent of the spread of flame. It provides data suitable for comparing the end-use performances of essentially flat materials, composites or assemblies, which are used primarily as the exposed surfaces of walls and ceilings.
- Fire tests on building materials and structures. Method of test to determine the classification of the surface spread of flame of products
1. The frame structure is made of stainless steel; beautiful and corrosion resistant.
2. The device has a igniter, electronic ignition, automatic flameout safety monitoring device.
3. Stainless steel exhaust pipe with removable parts for easy cleaning of thermocouples.
4. Tube type torch, stainless steel: 3.0mm inner diameter, 6.4mm outer diameter.
5. The torch is placed 28 ± 2mm above the exposed surface of the sample, and a flame is applied 6mm above the bottom surface of the exposed surface.
6. The contact height between the flame and the sample is 75mm ~ 100mm.
7. Sample size is 885mm x 270mm.
8. The radiant panel is installed on the frame and 1250mm high from the ground.
9. BS476-7 standard requires a sample device; 90 degrees with the radiation plate.
10. The radiation device is: the size of the radiation plate is 850mmx850mm; it is composed of porous refractory blocks. However, the gas mixture burns fully without burning on its surface.
11. The sample fixture is composed of a water-cooled steel frame and a water-cooled panel chuck. The temperature of the water passing through the sample fixture must not exceed 35 ° C at the exit of the fixture.
12. Cooling water flow rate is 12L / min.
13. Gas flow rate is 1500 ± 200ml / min.
14. The sample tooling can rotate with the central axis, so that the test surface and the radiation plate are at different angles. The position to be tested and the test position can be adjusted flexibly.
15. Automatic power output control, according to the test time, automatically adjust the output power.
16. The computer automatically processes the data and prints the test report.
1. Independent electrical control cabinet.
2. Standard control cabinet, computer + Labview intelligent control system.
3. Intelligent system test and easy operation.
4. Imported gas flow meter for precise control of gas flow.
5. Automatic radiation dose calibration, automatic control of experimental radiation dose.
6. The experimental data is automatically saved and can be printed freely.
7. Equipped with brand computer.
|Gas||Propane or natural gas (provided by the customer)|
|Air equipment||The blower is equipped.|
|Combustion device||1220 mm (W) x 550 mm (D) x 1920 mm (H)|
|Electric control cabinet||600 * 800 * 1700mm|