Smoke Box (Smoke Density Chamber) measures optical density of smoke generated from test sample when test sample of certain thickness is exposed to heat source(2.5W/c㎡, 25㎾/㎡using by ASTM E 662 furnace) or fire in a chamber.
Smoke Density Tester is satisfied with standards ASTM E 662, BS6401, ISO 5659, NES 711, NEPA 258, etc.
Using ISO 5659 conical radiant heat furnace, We can change the heating condition from 10 ㎾/㎡ to 50㎾/㎡ or 70kW/㎡ according to different requirements.
In the test of NES 711, there are non-flaming test and flaming test in test conditions different from ASTM E 662. This test method is increasingly used in interior material of rolling stock, low power incombustible cable and interior film, etc.
• ASTM E 662 : Standard Test Method for Specific Optical Density of Smoke Generated by Solid Materials
• BSI 6401 : British Standard Method for Measurement, in the laboratory, of the specific optical density of smoke generated by materials
• ISO 5659-2 : Plastics-Smoke generation -Part 2: Determination of optical density by a single-chamber test
• NES 711 : Determination of the Smoke Index of Products of combustion from Small Specimens of Material
1,600(w) × 820(D) × 2,150(H)
220 V AC, 60 Hz, 15 A
Compressed Air, Propane Gas, Personal Computer, Dust Collector
• Integrated body and 19” analysis rack (Saving space)
• 17” touch screen panel type PC for the whole control and automatic testing
• Air cylinder type movement to load sample or automatically open the up/down vent(highly resistant to pollution from test)
• Coating of the test chamber convenient in cleaning and resistant to chemicals
• Lock designed to close the chamber door at a time
• Indication of transmission rate and smoke density with improved accuracy
• Chamber preheat system to facilitate test with more accuracy
• Safety blow-out panel system to protect user when pressure is sharply increased during test
• Port, heated filter, and heated line to measure toxic gases
• Manometer gauge with increased accuracy by using the MFC(Mass Flow Controller) and DPT(Differential Pressure Transducer) enabling auto leakage test
• Portable water cooling system without need for waterworks and plumbing when using the Heat Fluxmeter (for ISO 5659)
• Load cell with increased accuracy to measure mass loss rate in ISO 5659 test
• SB 2005 DAQ(Data Acquisition) Program to control the use of touch screen panel PC
• Laboratory Information
• User’s CI
• Specimen Conditions
• Time from start of test, t(s)
• Transmission(%) and specific optical density, Ds
• Maximum Ds and time to maximum Ds
• Correction Ds
• Current range setting and filter position
• Current mass(g) for ISO 5659